Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ode to My Computer - Grandpa G

Grandpa G

My Gateway MA3
wears slippers
and uses a walker.

Tick tock tick tock
goes the grandfather clock.
Tick…tick…tick tock
Waiting…waiting…waiting.

Soft foods only.
No large, difficult files.
His false teeth can’t chew bites
……..like they used to.

He is falling apart
with creaks and groans.
His battery pack needs frequent
naps to recharge.

Tick tock tick tock

What’s that you say, honey??
Sweet?
No, delete…
Replete??
No, delete
Treat??
NO DELETE
…….Blue Screen
All my work is gone
Every…last…word.

My typing is too fast,
he can’t keep up.
He’s sitting in a chair
in the middle of the mall
waiting
and forgetting why…

Grandpa is six years old.
That’s 83 in computer years!
With all those new-fangled whipper-snappers
coming on the scene,
he seems as old as Methuselah
and twice as slow.

My Gateway MA3
Wears slippers
And uses a walker

…….I need a Mac

No comments: